At this point of time we are not able to set several projects on active on our Server. But there is a little trick how to make this happen, by copying the LandXplorer Server folder in your program directory. Common have a closer look:
1. Install ldx server as usual
2. Copy all the installation files to a new folder
- NOTE: You may not want to copy the projects files if you have uploaded several projects and your project directory is set as default %INSTALL_DIR%\projects). In this case, please DON’T copy the contents in %INSTALL_DIR%\projects and %INSTALL_DIR%\config
3. If you installed multiple renderers at step1, you need to edit the configuration file manually.
a. Go to the new folder (Assume it’s %INSTALL_DIR_COPY% )
b. Open %INSTALL_DIR_COPY%\ LDXServer_Backend\Web.config% with your text editor. (This file is in XML format)
c. Delete all the sub nodes in node ‘configuration/LDX_Server/Renderers’ except the first one.
4. Go to the new folder (Assume it’s %INSTALL_DIR_COPY% ) to config the new server.
a. Open windows command window, and change directory to “%INSTALL_DIR_COPY%\Installer” by cd.
b. Type “Server_Installer.exe –i”
c. The ‘Server Installer’ dialog will show
You MUST make sure the names for ‘Rendering Service Name’, ‘Port’, ‘Service Virtual Directory’, and ‘Client Virtual Directory’ are different with the names when installing.
You MUST make sure the ports are not in use.
d. Make sure to adjust the “Project Directory” if you did not copy it.
e. Go to %INSTALL_DIR_COPY%\ManagementClient and run ManagementClient.exe to upload a project
5. View the projects in IE. The URL of the new server may like
1. Open command window, and change directory to “%INSTALL_DIR_COPY%\Installer” by cd
2. Type “Server_Installer.exe –u”
3. Manually delete folder ““%INSTALL_DIR_COPY%”
NOTE: To deinstal the services if something fails during installation
Open the command window and type “cs delete %LDXRenderingService_Copy%”
PS: Install by Batch
User can also deploy multi-servers by following batch file
if "%1" == "i" goto INSTALL
rem copy all the binary files to new localtion
robocopy %2 %3 /E /Z /XD Config projects
rem run service installer
echo error parameter
echo copy_server.bat i install_dir new_location