Having just started as a product manager on the Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler team, I can honestly say that I could not have moved to this team at a more exciting time. It was only months ago that I sat in a meeting with Chris discussing "what could be". Today, I am here to announce "what is".
Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler 2013 has launched! Here's what's new:
- Build large models from GIS, civil, FBX, and raster data Incorporate detailed models from other software, such as AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D or Autodesk® Revit software products
- Civil 3D round-trip workflows
- One-click workflows with Autodesk 3ds Max and Civil 3D
Conceptual Design Alternatives (Sketching):
- Design concept alternatives (sketching) roads, water and land features, and other infrastructure
- Create multiple design alternatives in a single model
- Reuse conceptual design data in detailed design (e.g. Civil 3D)
- Rail style editor
Analysis & Measurement:
- Terrain shading
- Distance & Volume Measurement, and range finding
- Sun shadow
Sharing, Visualization, & Collaboration:
- Interactively navigate and change data in real time
- Shift between design alternatives
- Hyperlinks and tooltips
- Produce rendered images and videos
And so much more...
For more details, visit www.autodesk.com/autodesk-infrastructure-modeler (but you already know that).