We are (VERY) excited to announce the official release of Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler 2013 R2 & Autodesk 360 Infrastructure Modeler Web & Mobile Released. These releases bring many enhancements and new ways to view AIM models for engineers, designers and planners as well as stakeholders.
Key Enhancements and Features:
Autodesk® Infrastructure Modeler 2013 R2 software delivers several enhancements to our Autodesk® Infrastructure Modeler 2013 desktop software and our Autodesk® 360 Infrastructure Modeler cloud service. With Autodesk® Infrastructure Modeler 2013 R2, Autodesk® Subscription customers will gain new tools designed to help better communicate their designs and produce high quality, low-touch design presentations in addition to new publishing options.
- Storytelling Tools – Enables users to better convey the details of their designs to non-technical audiences with the ability to create camera paths, fly-through animations, and videos that include titles, captions, points of interest and storyboards.
- Rendering More Realistic Models – Helps users produce higher quality renderings with new photorealism tools like progressive ray trace, more realistic sun/sky models, and high and low definition range output.
- Open Standards Support – Enables user to access CityGML, the standard many municipal bureaus in Europe use to store city data. CityGML data may contain a whole city’s structure (including detailed 3D models), roads, pipes, and textures in different levels of detail. The inclusion of CityGML can greatly improve our user’s ability to incorporate detailed data into their designs that was previously unavailable.
- Autodesk 360 Infrastructure Modeler for Mobile* – Now, infrastructure professionals can share their models as well as specific scenarios in a more secure cloud environment - via Autodesk® BIM 360™ cloud-based services- with public stakeholders who want the ease and convenience of using an iPad® mobile digital device. Available via the Apple iTunes app store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autodesk-360-infrastructure/id557267648?ls=1&mt=8
- Autodesk 360 Infrastructure Modeler for Web* – The new Web application enables interested parties who are not Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler 2013 users to view models and specific scenarios via a link using their Web browser, giving broader access to project proposals and more. To download the web plug-in, please go here: http://autodesk.com/aim360webdl. You can also view a list of published scenarios via the Autodesk 360 Infrastructure Modeler Web portal: https://aim360.autodesk.com/portal/
Here's something to wet your whistle...