Customers are asking how to create a floor arrangement with original/customized cells in order to define their own facade styles.
Thanks to Sascha who provided a nice workflow, which I want to share here with you (Note: within this workflow we will use textures only, so you won't create a 3D facade element):
For doing this you’ll have to do some manual style gymnastics as we don’t have a UI for defining your own façade themes/cells (themes are simply a collection of cells).
1. Determine the façade theme of the façade style you want to edit (here: adding new cells based on façade photos):
2. Find the façade theme json description in your model.files styles folder:
3. Add a new façade cell to the theme JSON file using your extracted photo façade segment:
- “id”: identifier of the cell for referencing it in façade patterns (as listed in the “available cells” section of the Block and Floor Arrangement Editor)
- “texture”: your photo façade segment (see next step where to place it)
- “geometry”, “geometryTransform”: not needed, as you don’t have geometry for the cell (for high-lod rendering the texture will be used instead)
- “size”: size of your façade segment (width x height, in meters I guess)
4. Find the façade theme resources dir in your application resources folder and put your façade segment photo file into that (for installed builds the application data folder should be located under ProgramData\Autodesk\Infrastructure Modeler):
5. Open the façade style editor’s Block and Floor Arrangement Editor and add/substitute/create your desired façade pattern using the new photo façade segment (Note: You need to restart the application):
6. Apply your changed style to the desired facades/buildings.